Membership at Central UMC
The vows of membership of the United Methodist Church involve commitments to uphold the church by:
- prayers… member are asked to pray for the church, its leaders and members;
- presence… Christians gather regularly as the Body of Christ, a worshiping and serving in community;
- gifts… the tithing of one’s income is the Biblical norm;
- service… there are a wide variety of ways to serve God and God’s people in and through Central Church.
- witness…sharing our joy in Christ brings others into relationship with him.
At Central we take these commitments very seriously.
One may become a member in a variety of ways. Confirmation class is offered for teens. This experience is open to any youth who has completed 6th grade.
Adults with no previous church affiliation attend adult membership classes offered in the fall and in the spring of the year. For those who are members of another denomination or another United Methodist church, membership is initiated by letter of transfer and participation in the adult membership class.
Contact Pastor Gordon if you are interested in exploring membership at Central.